STEAMboat Studio is seeking a reliable, organized, customer-oriented person to assist with day-to-day operations in our Maple Valley Studio and to support delivery of off-site programming and events.
Hours per Week
20+ Primarily afternoon/evening and weekend hours during the school year. Daytime and weekend hours during the summer. Hours vary seasonally and with program/event schedule.
$18-20 per hour, DOE
Class and Event Support:
● Assist with setup and cleanup of weekly classes and parties at the studio, and events at area schools, parks, etc.
● Load and transport supplies and equipment to and from off-site events, and assist with event setup and cleanup.
● Assist with classes, parties, and events as needed when Program Assistant is not available.
● Help to maintain functional and organized storage spaces, including in-studio storage cabinets and external storage units.
● Perform routine daily cleaning tasks between scheduled classes and programs and complete weekly deep-cleaning on weekends with assigned support staff.
● Fold and put away clean towels, lab coats, aprons, and other laundry, collect and bag dirty laundry, and assist with transport/coordination of laundry service as assigned.
● Assist with routine maintenance tasks and minor repairs such as paint touch-up, minor furniture and fixture repairs, installing shelves, assembling cabinets, etc.
● Monitor supply inventory to support program schedule, including weekend birthday parties and weekly classes.
● Check supplies in advance of upcoming parties and monitor frequently used or long lead time items to avoid shortages.
● Help load and transport supplies to and from off-site storage.
● Run occasional local errands to purchase supplies as needed
Qualified candidates must have a versatile skill set, including:
● Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
● Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability and desire to maintain a clean, organized and
● Basic computer skills and familiarity with common applications, including Gmail, MS Office
(Word, Excel), and various computer and mobile applications
● Willingness to learn new skills as needed to perform job duties
Candidates must also possess the ability to:
● Manage responsibilities with minimal supervision
● Interact professionally with customers, school/event staff, community partners, and the general
public as a representative of STEAMboat Studio
● Safely lift and carry boxes and bins weighing up to 25 lbs, and lift lighter loads overhead
● Pass WSP background check and/or drug screening
● Candidates must be 18+
● Must have driver’s license and reliable vehicle
● Must be available afternoons, evenings and weekends during the school year, and days and
occasional evenings/weekends during the summer
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Part Time|