STEAMboat Studio is a locally owned business offering unique opportunities for students to engage in hands-on learning and exploration in a fun, positive environment. Our STEAM-focused programs (STEM+Art) encourage creativity and creative problem-solving while exposing students to a variety of tools, methods, and techniques. We offer K-8 classes, parties and events in art, science, engineering, and technology at our Maple Valley Studio, as well as classroom and large group programs at area schools.
About the program:
Our STEAM education program exposes students to a variety of science concepts through hands-on, project-based instruction. The program consists of STEAM classes at local elementary schools and libraries, in addition to camps at our studio and the local arboretum. It is designed to spark curiosity and interest in engineering and the sciences that will encourage further inquiry and exploration outside the classroom.
What we need:
STEAMboat Studio is seeking a well-qualified, enthusiastic, creative, and science-loving educator to:
- Instruct after school and summer classes and camps at partner schools and libraries
- Instruct classes during the school year 1-2 evening per week at our Maple Valley Studio
- Lead summer day camps at our Maple Valley Studio
- Support curriculum development for in-house and school-based STEAM programs
- Support the development of new STEAM camps and events to be offered at our Studio and at partner schools
Preferred candidates will have:
- Bachelors in education; endorsement in science-related field a plus
- Experience working with school age children in an instructional setting
- A passion for science, science education and hands-on, project-based learning
- Experience with curriculum development
- Familiarity with NGSS/Washington State Science Standards
Primary responsibilities include:
- Instructing groups of 10-30 students in a variety of science topics
- Participating in ongoing curriculum development as part of an instructional team
- Developing and presenting fun, engaging and well-organized STEAM programs
Other responsibilities include:
- Setup and cleanup of classroom space and supplies
- Monitoring supply inventory for classes
- Maintaining accurate attendance records for each class
- Providing direction to program assistants
- Experience incorporating art into STEM lessons
All candidates must be:
- Responsible, dependable, punctual, and have reliable transportation
During the school year, typical working hours will be between noon and 8PM Monday through Friday, with a total of approximately 15-20 hours per week. Opportunities for additional hours may be available, including weekends and special events.
In the summer, this position will require approximately 20-25 hours per week, with additional hours on an occasional basis for planning and development sessions. Typical summer working hours will be between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Salary: $28-31 per hour DOE
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Part Time|